Friday, July 31, 2009

WINNER!

This was such a fun contest! I am so excited by the response. Thank you to everyone who participated and ventured a guess at how many spools I have collected. The number of spools in my basket and in the picture (after counting and re-counting 3 times) is 57!
That means Michael & Beth is the winner! You know the drill- email me with your shipping info. so I can send you your prize!
So, does everyone want to see what the prize was?

Well, last week I decided to try my hand at a quilt a little out of the box for me. Inspired by quilters such as CrazyMomQuilts and
Tallgrass Prairie Studio I made this quilt:


I LOVE how it turned out! It was really a stretch for me to not have every block perfectly symmetrical and to have blocks of varying sizes in the end. But I am so excited with the way it turned out I think I'll do another.
After cutting up several fat quarters of
'Peas and Carrots' by American Jane
and adding a few extras from the stash I was left with this beautiful pile of "scraps"

So I'll be sending this cute little bundle over to
Michael & Beth
as their prize for guessing the right number of spools!

Hope you enjoy!

4 comments:

Mommy B said...

I'm so excited to be picked. To make it even better - today is my birthday! This is like a birthday gift I wasn't expecting...

Thanks!

Crafty Girls Workshop said...

That quilt top is awesome, and I love that fabric! Oh, congrats to the winner and happy birthday! I want to make a quilt like that soooo bad! Someday, maybe if I can think outside the BLOCKS. Haha.

Anna

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Congratulations Michael and Beth - you have some awesome fabric there!

Barb said...

How fun for the winners.