Sunday, February 26, 2012

A good read

I don't read as much as I did when I was younger. I guess taking care of kids and quilting have taken up the time I used to spend reading. Of course, I always make time for the latest Sparks novel- but not much more beyond that.

Then a couple weeks ago I was contacted by Elm Creek Quilts and asked if I wouldn't mind reading Jennifer's latest novel


To be honest, I haven't read any of her other titles, but I have seen them in quilt shops and bookstores. This one caught my attention though. I read the summary and knew I wanted to read it. I grew up near the Sonoma valley in California and thought the story would be interesting.

I'm not even half-way through, but I had to write. I LOVE it!  Sometimes it takes me a few pages or a chapter to get into a book- not this one. After the first page I knew I wanted to know more about the characters and their surroundings. Once the quilts were brought into the picture I was hooked for sure. In fact, as soon as I finish writing this post and tuck my kidlets into bed, and I've got a date with my bed and a good book. (Sorry hubs, you'll just have to watch the Oscars w/out me!)

So if you're looking for a good read- check this one out. I can tell you one thing, as soon as I'm done with this one (oh, I'll keep you posted) I'll be tracking down her other titles to read.  :o)

11 comments:

Nancy said...

They are all wonderful; but I would recommend reading them in order of publication.

Beth said...

I have enjoyed them all as well. I have the last couple to read yet, I guess I better make that 3. I love the history and the quilt history, and the people in the books.
Enjoy.

Kathy said...

Just checked them out on Amazon.com and I think I need to download a few to my Ipad. Never knew there was a quilter/writer out there writing novels. Can't wait to start reading.

Tsoniki said...

I love all of those books! They are one book series that I can reread.

Yvonne said...

I love Chiaverini's books! If thye need anyone to read it for them in the Netherlands, Elm Creek Quilts can contact me...(LOL)
This book isn't on the market here yet so I just will have to wait a while! Happy reading!

Lorri said...

I have read them all and started Sonoma Rose last night. So far it is wonderful

Nanna said...

I've never heard of these books, but they've got me wanting to go to the library lol!
Helen

charlotte said...

I started these with the first book when it came out. I would agree it is best to read them in order, purely because of the character development. It will be easier to keep things straight. All of them are very good.

Vicki in MN said...

They are all awesome reads! I just finished The Aloha Quilt, it was just like I was back on Maui!! I too recommend reading them in order.

Mystica said...

New to me I hope someone comes up with a giveaway!

Andy said...

I read her first two books years ago and enjoyed them. I'll have to find this one too!
--andy