Monday, April 23, 2012

Re-treat Re-cap

Wow. What a fun weekend! I had the privlendge of hanging out with some super fun ladies thie last weekend at the Pie Plate Patterns Super Spring Quilt Retreat and we had a blast!

I didn't remember to take out my camera very often so my pics are few and far between. But I'll try my best to fill in the details.

Terry and I made the trek down to Fairview, UT on Wed. afternoon. Shannon was nice enough to put us up in her condo-on-wheels. This trailer is nothing like I've seen before. Fully equiped with a fireplace, flat screen TV, his and hers recliners, and corian countertops! It was gorgeous!


Here's a pic of my sewing setup one night. Usually we were in the main house with everyone else. But on this night there was a class going on where we normally were so I hauled my things to the trailer to keep working.

Us thress girls had so much fun laughing a giggling. Especially the first night when we went to bed way too late and couldn't figure out how to get the heater to kick on. We ended up sneaking into the house and camping out on the couch and floor!

The next day I had to head back home for the afternoon to take care of some business, but was back to the retreat by dinner.

Friday morning our schedule was clear so we took a drive down the road to Ephraim, UT to hit up the 'Fabric Shack'. What a cute little place. For such a small shop she sure packs it full of goodies.


There was a nice selection and we managed to find a little something each of us needed. Terry was looking for a batik and found the perfect orange to go with one of her projects, as well as some other prints she hadn't seen anywhere else and instantly fell in love with. 


  Of course Shannon and I didn't make it out of the shop empty handed either. I found enough goodies to finish a few projects and start a couple more.


This is the owner, Fran, and her little neighbor buddy, Bailey. They were busy making Bailey a little bag to hold her LeapPad. She was a doll!


Later in the afternoon we had a yummy Linner (lunch/dinner) at Mexicano's in Mt. Pleasant and stopped to shop at a local antiques store. How I managed to leave there without anything is beyond me. There were so many treasures!

Then it was back to burning the midnight oil on our machines! Bonnie and Brenda had such fun little projects each night for us to work on. I'll show you some of the ones I did in the next couple days. :o)


 We kept teasing Shannon that the was always dressed so cute! Wouldn't you agree!? I managed to get this one right as she was getting ready to say something and it's still cute. :o)


Terry would hardly lift her head from the machine for a minute for me to snap a picture!

As for me, I kept busy the whole weekend long cutting up pieces of this:


Don't you worry, the full reveal is coming soon!


I couldn't end this post without adding a picture of one of Bonnie's new quilts. She used Hall of Fame for this fun quilt and I LOVE IT!!!  Look for this pattern in Pie Plate Patterns new book!

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Nothing like a quilt retreat...great pictures and I can tell loads of fun!!