Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Finishing Touches

I've dedicated today to finishing a special UFO. This one is a custom order that (I'm embarassed to say) is a couple months late! Yikes! Thankfully the recipient has been very understanding.


All I have left is the binding (ugh!) This quilt is a twin sized version of Flora and Fauna made with the fun and bright 'Amelia' by Me and My Sister. It turned out SO CUTE!


I'm almost done and then I do this. Seriously!? In case you can't tell, I sewed the ends of my binding strips together- twisted. Time to get out Jack (the ripper) and fix this quick.

HAPPY SEWING!

5 comments:

doodlebugmom said...

I love that line, such happy colors!

Yvonne said...

That is why I always have two loose ends and wait with sewing them together till the end! This sucks! Lovely coloured quilt btw.

FlourishingPalms said...

I USED to sew bindings on just like you did, until I changed to a different method - one where you NEVER have to join tails. It's an awesome method and I don't know why more people don't use it. Please visit my blog to see my free tutorial (under "Nine Quilt-y Tutorials" on the menu bar). I assure you I'm NOT selling a thing. Just trying to spread the word, "There's a much better way to sew on binding!"

PamKittyMorning said...

"Jack" the ripper, you crack me up!

Judy said...

I love that name "Jack the ripper". Can I use it too! Isn't that the best form of flattery. I'm looking forward to a solids pattern. I've never made one.