Monday, December 31, 2012

A week in pictures

It's New Year's Eve- do you have anything fun planned? We used to play games and stay up late to ring in the new year but for the last 5 or 6 years we've fallen asleep early only to be awakened by the celebratory sounds outside. Believe me, sleep is much more fun. I'm way too grouchy without it.
 
Since the kids have been home I thought I'd just share a few pics from our past week with you. Sorry, Santa forgot a new hookup for my camera so I'm still working with phone pics. Blech!
 
 
The kids each got new electronics for Christmas. On this particular day they were all sitting together playing on their respective devices. A quiet moment. :o)

 
This is the view from my porch (hello neighbors!) We've had snow, snow, and more snow. Lots of shovelling and friggid temps. Definitely winter here.

 
We had some over ripe bananas so the hubs attempted banana bread. We have a joke in our home because whenever my husband cooks and I question what he's doing he says "I know what I'm doing. My Daddy was a baker!" In his defense his Dad did work in a bakery for some time- but I don't think much rubbed off on my hubs. :o)

 
Last night we had a cooking lesson. This was our joint effort. Very tasty. I like to sprinkle brown sugar on top before it bakes. It adds a sweet crunchy crust. YUM!

 
I had a goal to finish this top before the end of the year. As you can tell it's not going to happen. I intentionally gave myself an extension. After I laid all the pieces out on the floor I realized I wanted it BIGGER. So I ordered more fabric and it should show up today. That means more prepping hexies and forming snowflakes. My new goal is Valentine's Day.

 
In the meantimeI need to get this quilted. My nephew made this quilt for a friend and asked me to quilt it. I'm not sure how many quilts he's made- I'm sure this is one of his firsts. But he did a dang good job! He's going to be here in a couple of hours to pick it up so I better get started. Thankfully it's not too big and I'm just going to stipple it.
 
Ok folks. That's it for now. Hope you have a HAPPY and SAFE New Year's celebration!!!

3 comments:

Yvonne said...

What a great pictures of what you have been doing Emily! Hope you had a fun new years eve and I wish you lot's of love, friendship, health and creativty in the new year!

Cory said...

Emily, Thank you for the great posts. I enjoy reading your blog. You have my interest peaked with the hexagon snowflake quilt. I would love to see a picture of it and know where you got the pattern for it. I have been wanting to make a hexagon quilt and have been unable to decide on a layout. I think I may have just found it. :-) Take care and God bless, Cory

Lynette said...

hehehe Yes, I'm laughing at the bread. :) What a cool quilt your nephew made. And I'm in *love* with your hexie snowflakes.