Saturday, February 16, 2013

In the midst of a crazy Saturday (you know, getting the kids to stop fighting and do their chores) I got a pleasant email from Scott at Blue Nickel Studios. I met Scott a few markets ago and we've been corresponding regularly over the last few months regarding a special project. You see Scott is the "Community Editor" for Generation Q Magazine- my most favorite quilting magazine! And more recently we've been talking about my retreat which he has donated a box full of goodies for. THANKS SCOTT!!!

Anyway, you know how these magazine submissions go. A design is submitted months before it goes to print and therefore I can't really talk about it. However I think it's safe to mention it now since Scott's email revealed that I'm featured on the GenQ website today! Hop on over and check it out! :o)

from qenerationqmagazine.com
I just signed up for a subscription of this mag. so I thought I would tell you why I like it to much.

First of all, it's funny. They don't take themselves too seriously which I like.

Second, their articles are interesting. Honestly I don't remember the last time I actually read an article in another quilting magazine. My method for deciding on buying is to flip through and if there's a pattern I like then I buy- no reading necessary. But GenQ is a different story, literally. That sense of humor and understanding of today's generation of quilters makes every page worth reading. I actually read cover to cover, usually more than once.

Third is the patterns they offer. Fun, Modern patterns. There are usually 3 or 4 in each issue that I want to make as opposed to the 1 that I would find in other magazines.

Forth, I'm in it. I mean really, that's a reason isn't it? Actually, I loved the magazine before I was in it (haven't even seen the issue in print yet) and that's why I stalked Scott until he relented and allowed my pattern in. :o)

So go check out the site, and my pattern, and find out where you can get your issue of GenerationQ Magazine. Or better yet, get a subscription like I did! :

3 comments:

Barbie Mills said...

Congratulations!!! The quilt looks great, I love the pattern, colors, and quilting. Beautiful!

Ellie Q said...

Love the quilt! Beautiful quilting on it, too! Congrats on it being in the magazine.

Yvonne said...

Well done Emily! It must be awsome to see your quilt in a magazine. I will try to get me one of course!